Why have a house call ?
- you'll have a backyard chicken expert visit your backyard specifically help to create a plan to suit your specific situation and needs/desires so that you can get the most out of having backyard chickens for years to come. The purpose is to set up for backyard chickens, or expanding on what you are already doing with your chickens.
- access to years of experience to help set you up or further develop your poultry patch. This saves a lot of heartache in years to come.
- a no fuss practical set of steps for your own poultry patch that is budget friendly and avoids unnecessary spending or gimmicks.
- you get a specific plan for your poultry patch: recommendations for everything you need according to your budget and your desires for your patch.
- Continued access over the next month to Poultry Patch to ask questions regarding helping to get your poultry patch thriving. You’ll be pleased with the responsiveness you experience.
When we come to your house, we will discuss the following:
- what you'd like to gain or already enjoy from having backyard chickens?
- any current issues (ie the various demands already on your backyard, placement of a coop, type of coop, breeds of hens, feed & water
- simple, effective, budget conscious ideas to help you get the most out of your chickens.
- any other questions you may have
Plan: within 2 weeks of the house call, you'll be emailed a practical plan for your poultry patch based on everything discussed during the house call. It will be budget friendly independent and practical, focused only on what bare essentials for the successful keeping of backyard chickens.
Please note: Poultry Patch is not financially affiliated with any other companies so will not receiving commissions from particular suggested or recommended suppliers.
Follow-up opportunities to continue to ask questions and seek guidance. This is in the form of fast response times to your email queries as well as further research on your behalf, if needed.
Cost: $150 (1 hour on site, a plan emailed to you, 1 month ongoing access)
If more extensive help is needed (sourcing products, setting up coops etc... for you) a quote will be provided based on these needs.
Payment: head to the "Services" tab on the website where payment can be made.
Please note: We are not formally qualified Veterinarians specialising in poultry (they're rare "as hen's teeth"!). Our information and advice is based on years of personal experience and research and is only offered in good faith and as a suggestion based on those many years of experience. It is not based in scientific study and formal qualification. Please take it with that in mind.
Where to from here ?
Complete the survey below and we'll be in contact to arrange a mutually suitable time to come to your backyard !